I, Terry Link, am the founder and president of Starting Now, LLC. My route to this work has evolved over many years as a researcher, scholar, director, elected official, and active community member. I am driven to improve the quality of life for all while restoring and safeguarding the planet's systems that provide our necessary sustenance. My learning journey continues through research, education, and involvement with a variety of organizations. The professional and community experiences listed below have shaped how I view what I can contribute to make our lives better and to bequeath to our children and theirs a world of hope and possibility to flourish.
I am also a Senior Fellow with the U.S. Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development and an Advisory Board member of the MSU Center for Community and Economic Development.
Executive Director, Greater Lansing Food Bank, 2009-2011
Founder/Director, Office of Campus Sustainability, Michigan State University, 2000-2009
Academic Librarian, UM - Dearborn, 1979; Aquinas College, 1979-82; Michigan State University,
Notable Activities (see also Authorship page)
- Commencement speaker, Oakland Community College, Auburn Hills, MI, May 2010.
- Invited participant, "Sustainability of Egg Production", Egg Producers Council, Washington, DC, February 2010
- Invited participant, "Greening of IT", EDUCAUSE, Washington, DC, March 2009
- Campus Sustainability Leadership Award (MSU awarded), Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education. September 2007
- Campus Sustainability Award, judge (2006), Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- Advisory Board, Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE), 2007-09
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Advisory Council, 2004-06
- Co-founder, Michigan Higher Education Partnership for Sustainability (MiHEPS)
- "Library Superstar", Association of College and Research Libraries, November 1988, College and Research Libraries
- Urban Options (now Michigan Energy Options), Board Member, 2002-06 and chair, 2005-06
- Greater Laingsburg Recyclers, Board member, 1990- present, President, 1990-91
- Greater Lansing Food Bank, Board Member, 2006
- Clinton County Commissioner, 2007-08, Solid Waste Committee chair
- Capital Area Local First, founding board member, 2006 -
- Central Michigan Sustainable Business Forum, founding board member, 2003-05
- Clinton County Solid Waste Planning Committee, 1999
- Shiawassee Solid Waste Planning Committee, 2003-05
- Editorial Advisory Board, Electronic Green Journal, 1991 -